I Want To Guest On Your Podcast
I've recorded over 100 podcast episodes both as a guest and a host of the successful Unofficial Shopify Podcast, and I can bring that experience to your show.
As a podcast host, I know how hard it is to produce a great podcast. I make the perfect guest. I use professional gear, I show up on time, and I'm full of great anecdotes about my experience growing my own agency as well as growing clients Shopify stores to six and seven figure success.
If you'd like to book me, email your pitch to my wife at email@example.com and she'll set up a date for us to record.
The following information is provided as a cut-and-paste resource for conference organizers, media professionals, and other interested parties. Please feel free to use it as is. If you have additional questions, you can email me.
One of the most highly regarded independent consultants in his industry, Kurt Elster is a Senior Ecommerce Consultant who helps Shopify store owners uncover hidden profits in their websites.
Kurt is the founder of ecommerce agency Ethercycle, host of the popular Ecommerce Hacks Weekly video series, author of Ecommerce Bootcamp, and host of The Unofficial Shopify Podcast. These resources have helped thousands of Shopify store owners create impact, freedom, & wealth. You can learn more and subscribe to Kurt's free newsletter at http://kurtelster.com/
Sample Questions to Ask Kurt
Ready to get some actionable advice for your audience on conversion rate optimization? Ask me these sample questions, graciously written for me by Brett Curry of eCommerce Evolution.
- A client comes to you wanting to improve conversions for their Shopify store. Where do you start - what questions do you ask?
- Where should a merchant start when making CRO improvements - the cart, product detail pages, category pages?
- How has CRO evolved now that ecommerce is largely mobile first?
- What are specific design mistakes you see merchants making?
- What specific messaging mistakes do you see merchants making?
- What ecommerce companies do you pay attention to that “Get it right” in terms of CRO?
- What are a few things that separate an enduring ecommerce business from a flash in the pan or hobby business?
- What are some of your greatest successes?
Facts About Kurt
Ask me about these little known facts so that you sound like you're as good an interviewer as Larry King or Howard Stern.
- I believe your biggest competitor is the back button.
- I know you should design your site for a crazy, lazy drunk.
- I've twice created viral sites that received over 1 million hits in their first week.
- I think hourly billing is nuts.
- I believe positioning is the cornerstone of any business's success
- In my first bootstrapped startup, I tried to build an ecommerce platform. It didn't work out.
- I didn't experience real success until I discovered the Productized Consulting business model
- My first business was selling t-shirts on eBay in college.
- I exclusively work with Shopify as a platform.
- I used to work with creative agencies and developed sites for Verizon, the NFL, Hilton Hotels, and others.
- I believe if you're in an online business of any kind, you are in business of the list building.
Get Kurt's book at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
Learn more about Kurt at kurtelster.com
Hear Kurt's advice at unofficialshopifypodcast.com
Work with Kurt at ethercycle.com
Learn from Kurt at Ecommerce Hacks Weekly
University of Chicago Graham School
IIT Stuart School of Business
Greater Chicago Area
From Park Ridge, Illinois
Lives in Grayslake, Illinois
Married to Julie Elster
Name Pronunciation: KURT EL-ster