My friends and clients often ask me what my favorite tools are. They're right to ask too. After years of running online businesses, there are loads of nifty resources rattling around inside my head that you need to know about. So, I've decided to list them all here. I’ve been building different kind of websites for years now and obviously, I’ve tried a ton of tools along the way. Some of them are fantastic, and some of them just plain sucks.
Many of these things are from my friends, because they’re a smart bunch of folks who inspire me with the extraordinary tools & content they create.
5 Books to Level up Your Business
- The Positioning Manual by Philip Morgan
- The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't)
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Outreach Blueprint by Kai Davis
- Just Fucking Ship by Amy Hoy
5 Tools to Tame Gmail:
- Inbox Pause: Control when messages appear in your Inbox.
- Boomerang: Scheduled sending and email reminders
- TextExpander: Incredibly powerful typing shortcuts with templates
- Calendly: The best scheduling software I've used
- SaneBox: Prioritize important emails and summarize the rest.
5 Content Creation Tools
- Grammarly: Available as a Chrome extension or a app, use it to proof-read your articles and emails
- Google Keep: Store ideas, photos, and to-do lists. Create shared notes, and access them anywhere - phone, tablet, desktop.
- Joanna Wiebe's Guide to Every Copywriting Formula Ever
- Unsplash: Free high-resolution photos to do whatever you want.
- ImageOptim: Free app automatically reduces image size size without sacrificing quality.
5 Time-saving Services to to Make you Feel Like a Bigshot
- Remarq: Convert Markdown to glorious PDFs
- Grasshopper: Toll-free numbers are a huge trust indicator
- Moo: Gold standard for printing your stationery
- Edgar: Ultimate social media scheduling tool
- IFTTT: Sync up dozens of services in seconds, it's crazy.
5 Trusted Colleagues
- Just Tell Julie: My wife will handle your Overdue Accounts Receivable
- Carson: Get unlimited small Shopify tasks done
- Tom Siodlak at Stormlux is my go-to graphic designer
- Nickd's Draft Revise is the monthly A/B testing service
- AutoPilot by LessAccounting: Donnie will make you love bookkeeping.
Psst… Want to learn the secrets of the world’s most successful ecommerce professionals?
Get my weekly interviews with most successful ecommerce professionals (and learn actionable advice for growing your business) when you sign up for my weekly newsletter, The Insider’s Club… for $0. What are you waiting for?
A note about affiliate links.
In the spirit of full disclosure, some of these are affiliate links, and that’s okay. It just means I might get a small commission on a purchase you would have made anyway. This doesn’t affect the price of the product or service for you in any way. It does help offset the time I spent reviewing these resources before endorsing them. Thanks for understanding.